The best part of the trip besides being on an exciting adventure was my b-day was the day I left. Liz and her sister Shelley were so nice to bring Indian food to the airport for me. We checked in Liz's enormous 5 suitcases, and then things became a blur of activity as we had to walk to the International Terminal to get to our gate. The security line was extra long and Liz was getting worried about making the flight. We had just gotten through security and I was putting my clothes back on when I heard my first name called over the intercom for boarding. (Such a lovely name ;) We made a mad sprint for our gate and made it in time. Good thing as Liz probably would't have let me live. haha!
To get somewhere awesome, you have to be willing to go through some uncomfortable spots. The first leg of the flight was from Los Angeles to Sydney Australia, which was 15 hours. I've made this trip many times while in college at Avondale. However this trip was extra uncomfortable as my injury on my left leg was hurting, and I was unable to relax. Anyway, I made it through and was able to sleep a few sporadic hours as well. The last hop over to NZ was not to long, as everything is relative :)
Friday was spent shopping in Auckland and buying miscellaneous things needed. Yes, ice-cream is a need :)
Saturday was a fantastic day as we went to church at Papatoetoe. Jean, a good friend of Shaun Hurlow (friend from Avondale) picked us up from where we were staying. We had a lovely day spending time with Shaun and Katie's family. Everyone is super nice and likes to take fun pics. I discovered that Jean is a huge trail runner and I would have gone on a run with him tomorrow if I wasn't recovering from own trail running injury.
Tomorrow we pickup the campervan and we're off to the northern tip where the beaches are suppose to be amazing.
Anyway, I guess I've said far more words that I anticipated I could come up with, and so ends my first post :)
No comments:
Post a Comment