Friday, April 10, 2015

San Pedro de Atacama

April 6 - 10

As the bus descended down into the valley where San Pedro de Atacama (SPA) is, I sensed why this is such a special place.  It sits below a wall of volcanoes stretching as far as one can see.  Snowy peaks that turn color in the setting sun every day.  The other side of town is a moon like landscape called “Valle de la Luna”.  The town is adobe style with hard pack dirt streets and tourists walking around trying to arrange the next tour.  Tours to different sites are not cheap and before you know it you will have spent a few hundred dollars. ;)



Cherimoya flavor :)
Pizza with CC, Maikel, & Leonie

The tours I ended up doing were Laguna Cejar and Ojos del Salar, Valle del la Luna, and Geysers del Tatio.  I'm breaking them out into their own post as I have a lot of pictures to show from each.

No comments:

Post a Comment