Saturday, July 11, 2015

Peace of Vilcabamba

June 27 - July 3

I spent about 1 week in Vilcabamba which has a reputation as being the valley of longevity. Its a very pleasant climate and a peaceful valley.  I stayed at Hostería Izhcayluma. ( http://www.izhcayluma.com/en/ ) The place is like a resort but I paid hostel prices for the dorm. :)

Yoga Shala
Dorm patio area
Looking out from the dining area
Beautiful rainbow and sunset


There was lots of great hiking and I ended up hiking with 2 Canadian gals, Justine and Carlee that didn't smoke and could move up the trail at a good pace.  The not smoking part was great as I hike with another group and there was someone that was smoking along the hike and it really made it unpleasant.  Justine and Carlee were great as they acted like a married couple at times, which amused me greatly.  One would say something but the other would interject that it wasn't that way.  Thank-you girls for the laughs that we shared.  Enjoy South America.



The mountains reminded me of Hawaii




My plan for Ecuador is to not spend that much time as this is my 2nd time here and I've already been to Baños and Galapagos in 2008.  I am anxious to spend more time in Colombia and so I hope to get there before August.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gooodness, this place looks so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put this on your list of places for Ecuador :)

    ReplyDelete