Thursday, April 9, 2015

Bound for San Pedro de Atacama

April 3 - 6

Salta is not what I expected it to be.  I thought it would be a small city in the desert.  Its a big city surrounded by green mountains.  Its definitely not a desert. haha!  I made friends with 2 German guys (Friedemann & Leon) that were vacationing from their studies in Tucumán.  We climbed the Cerro San Bernardo and walked the city.  We also spent a night out in the country at a hostel called Loki.  It was nice to be in the country but it felt to touristy for my likes.
General Güemes
Salta from Cerro San Bernardo
Cemeteries are very interesting and different here.


Night view in Plaza de Julio
Love the Sunbeams :)
My German Amigos

Instead of heading further north through Argentina to Bolivia, I've decided I want to see San Pedro de Atacama (SPA) in Chile.  I’m so glad that I chose to go over this route which goes over 4300m (+14k feet).  At the border control 2 people had problems with the altitude and passed out.  They were given oxygen and were fine after that.  The landscape is so out of this world.  It feels like I’m on Mars or some other planet.
Purmamarca







Border Control









I arrived in SPA around 4:30pm and found a hostel with some Europeans whom I made friends with on the bus.  I’m looking forward to the next few days as there are lots of things to do here.

6 comments:

  1. So glad you are having so much fun and finding so many new friends. We love you and wish you happy travels. Best, Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina. Lots of love to you and the kiddos :)

      Delete
  2. Great pictures Bryan. Thank you for letting me live thru your travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place looks amazing. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its a must see place for S. America.

      Delete