Friday, July 3, 2015

Coastal Rest In Huanchaco

June 22 - 25

I took an overnight bus from Lima to Trujillo which is 9 hours up the coast.  I actually stayed in Huanchaco, which is a small town on the coast.  It was very peaceful and nice to have a few days to chill.  I saw a really nice sunset and also met backup up with Sal & Gisela whom I met 4 months earlier on the Navimag ferry in Chilean fijords.  They're one of the nicest couples I've met in my travels and it was nice spending a day with them.  We went and walked the ruins of Chan Chan (pre-Inca ruin) which has huge courtyards and many carved shapes into the rock hard earth.  It rarely rains here, so things have been preserved fairly well.
Huanchaco
This dog enjoys the ocean :)


Beautiful sunset
Grass boats



Chan Chan







2 comments:

  1. I can't get enough of these pictures, I love the dog cooling off in the water.

    ReplyDelete