Monday, April 11, 2016

Marrying in Colombia

First off I have to apologize for taking a huge hiatus on this blog.  I went back to the US in November and returned to Colombia right before New Years.  I helped Veronica plan the wedding which originally was going to be Feb. 28, but because the Notaría require a certified copy of my birth certificate and for it to be apostille, we had to push the wedding date to March 13th.  Many thanks to my sister Mish and her friends in India for helping me get the birth certificate.  More to come on the birth certificate in the next post.

My Mom flew all the way down to Colombia for the wedding.  I was quite proud of her as she's 82 years old and doesn't speak any Spanish.  My sister Carol was going to come, but her husband broke his foot badly a week before and so she wasn't able to come.  I wished that all my family and friends could have been here, but at least I can share the pics.

Bridesmaids singing Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring
Jorge y Julieta

Angelica (Veronica's sister)



Oooohhhh can my honey sing :)



with Prem, the only Indian Adventist I have met on my travels in S. America

More pics can be seen here: https://goo.gl/photos/Phv1aUCpPBS9z2c39

Here's a video that I put together for the reception (Note that you will have to view it on a computer because of the copyright music.)


14 comments:

  1. Felicidades Bryan y Veronica. Oramos que ustedes tienen un muy feliz matrimonio. Deseo nos podría haber estado allí.

    (Translated: Congratulations Bryan and Veronica. We pray you both have a very happy marriage. I wish we could have been there.)

    Hope I said that right hopefully 4 years of high school Spanish helped.

    Theresa and I are very happy for the both of you. It will be great when we get to meet your Bride.

    Congrats again Bryan. I am glad God put someone special in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony and Theresa. God has definitely blessed me with an amazing wife. I'm impressed that you remember your Spanish. :) Someday we'll all be able to all meet.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Linda. I hope you and the family are doing well.

      Delete
  3. WOW! Bryan, gigantic congratulations to the both of you! Mia and I wish you much joy and happiness in your journey together. We hope we get to meet her soon. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jason and Mia. Veronica is a great travel companion and my best friend. Future posting will show the fun we're having. Lots of love to you both. :)

      Delete
    2. We're hoping your travels together include a visit to Northern CA, so we get a chance to meet your beautiful wife. Enjoy the rest of your adventure!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Jason. Hopefully she'll be able to get the visa the second time. I would love for you and Mia to meet her :)

      Delete
  4. Hey Brian,
    I was just checking your blog to see what you've been up to, and walla, you and Veronica got married!!! Congrats you two! Brian, you sure are a lucky man!!!
    Vaya con Dios Mi Amigo!
    Darin (AH)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias Darin. She is a real blessing in my life and I'm enjoying traveling with her. I thought of you when we were traveling through Costa Rica as I remember you telling me how much you enjoyed it there :)

      Delete
  5. Bryan ... late congratulation from Prague ... looking forward to seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the congrats. Looking forward to seeing you and Katerina soon.

      Delete