We moved all our stuff up to the refuge, which is a nice place up from the river with a view. We did some laundry and then went and explored the falls. Wow! They were so gorgeous and I feel bad for the girls having missed out on them. Every day we had thought we would go there, but by the time we got back to the valley, the day was gone. We went down the rock slides at the bottom. These are much longer than the University Falls slides near Sac. The setting is much better here.
I am sad to leave this place but I know I will return some day. This has been my favorite place on my travels so far. The best time to come here is in December or March. January and February are crowded with Chileno’s. I expect this place to keep growing in popularity. The government should make it into a national park or start regulating some things, as it seems that not all people try to preserve the wilderness as it should be. One thing Daniel has done recently is setup composting toilets. He’s been in the valley for 11 years and has seen a lot of changes in that time. I hope the future visitors treat the valley with respect so others can enjoy as well.
Llew has a FAT pack!
Next up: We're headed to Temuco so I can hopefully get a bankcard that was sent from the US. Hopefully we can catch a same day bus on to Chillán and the Adventist University. This might be our first volunteer opportunity, but we'll see...
No comments:
Post a Comment